All in one wrap around insulation system
A novel solution to the problem of a sleeping bag and clothing insulation compressing under the tension from the hammock.
A novel solution to the problem of a sleeping bag and clothing insulation compressing under the tension from the hammock. This insulating layer fully encases the hammock (somewhat like a giant banana skin) trapping warm air both within the hammock, but also in its generous layer of insulation. The full-length zip allows for easy access in and out of your hammock.
Due to the versatility of the hammock insulation systems, the wide variety of applications and variations in a camp set up it is difficult to establish an overall comfort temperature for these items. As a general reference, the insulation used is Travelsoft with the similar fill weights to our two season sleeping bags. We would strongly recommend you experiment with your setup and gradually build up to more extreme temperatures until you are confident of the overall thermal performance.
(Hammock not included)
- Weight: 1950g / 69oz
- Packsize: 29cm x 24cm / 11" x 9"
- Product dimensions: 300cm x 86cm / 118" x 34"
- Outer Fabric: Micro Diamond 100% polyester
- Outer Fabric 2: Paratex antibacterial 100% polyester
- Insulation: Travelsoft insulation 100% polyester
- Full-length zip (allowing easy access in and out)
- Elasticated cord attachments
- Fits most hammocks
- Complete with Compression Stuff Sack
- Designed to keep you warm and comfortable (when clothing and sleeping bags are crushed against your hammock)
- Origin: Imported
Hammock Cocoon Setup - Instructions
Download PDF (1.05MB)
It is essential BEFORE you use the Hammock insulation system that you check the tension by lightly pressing down. THE HAMMOCK COCOON IS NOT DESIGNED TO BE LOAD BEARING. YOUR HAMMOCK SHOULD TAKE YOUR WEIGHT, NOT THE COCOON.